The scientific journal “MCU Journal of Historical Studies” has been published since 2008.
The journal is indexed in Russian Science Citation Index (RINTS).
Since 2011 it has been included in “The list of reviewed scientific publications wherein research results from ‘Candidate of Science’ and ‘Doctor of Science’ academic degrees dissertations are to be published”.
The journal accepts original articles, review essays and summaries on the following subject areas: 5.6.1 Otechestvennaya Istoriya (National History), 5.6.2 Vseobshchaya Istoriya (Global History)
The journal mission is disseminating information on fundamental and applied research results in the fields of both national and global history, as well as historical education.
The Editor welcomes academic and professional discussion of recent publications (monographs, collections of domestic and foreign researchers’ scientific articles) in review format, which provides competitive nature of research schools and areas, scientific dialogue and pluralism of scientific opinions.
The journal target audience is domestic and foreign specialists in the Humanities, researchers, applicants for academic degrees, students, and those interested in History.
Manuscripts submitted for publication must not duplicate any other previously published work. They are subject to a peer review procedure.
- Periodicity: quarterly.
- Annual number of articles – not less than 40.
- The journal is published in printed format, full texts of a printed edition being available in an online version on the website.
- No fee is charged for publication.
The Journal Subject Areas
- VAK ranking: 5.6.1 Otechestvennaya Istoriya (National History), 5.6.2 Vseobshchaya Istoriya (Global History)
- GRNTI ranking: 030000 Istoriya (History). Istoricheskiye Nauki (Historical Science)
- OECD ranking: 601 History and Archaeology
The Journal Subject Categories
- The History of Russia: from Ancient Times to 1917
- The Contemporary History of Russia
- Global History
- Critique. Reviews. Historical Journalism
- Educational Issues of Social and Humanitarian Disciplines